Sunday, May 2, 2010

Nasi Lemak at Qi Ji


@ Shaw House, Beach Road
Was introduced to this place by a M'sian friend. I was skeptical at first since we're talking about 2 type of food that I really am particular about - Nasi Lemak and Popiah! But I gave it a try and had the nasi lemak first. Wow! Sambal was really spicy, rice was fragrant and "lemak" and the chicken wings, crispy & full of flavor!
Thumbs up !




Then, when I saw the popiah, I was impressed as it looks like what I normally eat in Penang or Ipoh. Skin was thin (not the thick ones usually served in S'pore) and upon biting, it was heaven! Filling was moist, a bit spicy and had a crunchy filling! Amazing! I even wondered if the owner was from Malaysia =)

The nasi lemak was S$3.90 and popiah at S$1.90.

Getting there: Take a MRT to Bugis. Exit from the Cinema area and cross the street to Bugis Market. Walk to your right till you reach the end and turn left. It's a bit difficult to find =) but try asking around for Qi Ji Nasi Lemak

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails